PhD position at the Instituto de Neurociencias UMH-CSIC (Spain)
We are seeking for a highly motivated PhD student candidate with interest in glial neurobiology to join Dr Cabedo ́s lab at the Instituto de Neurociencias UMH-CSIC (httpS://in.umh-csic.es/) and ISABIAL (http://alicante.san.gva.es/web/isabial/portada) in Alicante, (Spain) with a 4 years “Santiago Grisolía” fellowship. The group scientific interests include cell and molecular biology of myelin development, nerve regeneration and hereditary peripheral neuropathies (http://in.umh-csic.es/grupos-detalle.aspx?grupo=40). A travel stipend of 1600 euros is included for the first year.
In accordance with the specifics of the Santiago Grisolía fellowship, candidates should comply with the following requirements:
- Possess a university degree, graduate, engineer, technical engineer or equivalent, issued by a non-European Union University, in the field that corresponds to the research project to which his contract will be linked (biomedicine and neuroscience), and have completed those studies later as of January 1st, 2016.
- Provide an official letter from the University certifying that the candidate meets the academic requirements necessary for admission in a PhD program in his/her own country.
- Possess a knowledge of Spanish or English, at the conversation level, suitable for the development of the research work.
- Not be in possession of the title of doctor.
- Not having enjoyed a fellowship or contract of the Santiago Grisolía Program.
Request for information and applications (CV + letter from the University certifying that the candidate meets the academic requirements necessary for admission in a PhD program in his/her own country) can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject (in capital letters): GRISOLIA.
Deadline for applications is September 1st 2021
Starting date is January 16th 2022